- Summer camp provides a unique developmental opportunity for young people. Away from their regular routine and removed from the distractions of everyday life, campers are presented with wonderful opportunities to learn and grow.
- Under the careful supervision of trained staff, campers become part of an intentional community centered on positive values.
- Campers gain new insights into who they are and how they relate to others.
- Research shows that children who attend camp also become more independent, grow in self-confidence and build important social skills.
- While camp has a great setting and a wonderful program, our greatest strength is our staff. We search locally, nationally, and globally for Christian men and women to serve as role models, friends, and mentors to our campers.
- Each staff member has to go through a long and detailed application process and complete a stringent personal interview where they were able to demonstrate that they had the gifts needed to serve at camp. All staff successfully pass local, state, and national background checks.
- Staff receives at least two weeks of intense training in all areas of camp from child care to activity direction to Bible study curriculum.
- Our staff care deeply about their faith, love to work with kids, and have an infectious enthusiasm for life. They are focused on the needs of campers and are committed to helping each child get the most out of camp.F
Focus on Faith
- Camp Wesley Woods is a place with an important mission: giving kids a safe environment to grow in Christian faith.
- Daily activities challenge and inspire campers to explore and grow their personal faith. From the powerful, high-energy community worship to quiet, reflective prayer, we intentionally provide opportunities for campers to grow closer to God.
- We provide the support for campers to worship God in a variety of ways. Pastors serve as Ministers-in-Residence (MIR) each week to share in the Christian journey with campers and staff. Campers are encouraged to ask their questions, and our staff is trained to support them in finding biblical answers.
Commitment to Health and Safety
• The health and safety of every camper is our top priority.
• We carefully design and conduct our programs with safety in mind. In every activity, we work hard to ensure campers not only have fun but are also kept safe.
The staff is carefully trained to safely lead camp activities.
• Trained healthcare providers are onsite daily. They see to the basic medical needs of our campers and work with parents on the best practices and schedules to care for their children.
• Camp communicates with local emergency services before each summer who are prepared to respond should an emergency occur.
• Camp Wesley Woods is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). ACA accreditation assures parents that camp practices have been measured against national standards. An accredited camp has complied with up to 300 standards encompassing facilities, health, safety, program quality, personnel, and administration.