Camp Wesley Woods sponsorship program reflects our commitment to provide as many children as possible the opportunity to attend summer camp. Financial aid is available to children who want to attend camp and need help with the camp fee.
- Camp Wesley Woods is a second level sponsorship. We ask all families / parties to first approach their local church or a local church to ask for assistance covering camp fees if at all possible.
- Please register for the camp session you are interested in using the Flexible Payment Plan and make a commitment to camp by paying the $50 deposit to hold a spot in camp. This deposit is your commitment and minimum contribution to your child’s camp experience. If for some reason you do not end up qualifying for sponsorship, this money will be refunded by request.
- After you have approached your local church, if there is still a need we would be happy to assist with helping campers come to camp. Funds for financial aid are limited and sponsorship requests are handled on a first come, first served basis. Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis as they are submitted. Once funds are depleted, we will not be able to distribute sponsorships.
- For those with this need, Camp Wesley Woods is pleased to be able to offer sponsorships of up to 1/3 of the camp fee in order to provide the opportunity for as many campers as possible to attend camp. Based on the Tier 2 pricing (already reduced from the actual cost of camp by $50), if your camper would like to attend:
- Discovery, the 1/3 sponsorship will be $100
- Basecamp Mini Session or Adventure Glamping, the 1/3 sponsorship amount will be $250
- Basecamp 2 Week Session, Adventure Junior, Adventure Senior, Tripping Programs, or LIT, the 1/3 sponsorship amount will be $500
- We will review your request for 1/3 Sponsorship and directly apply them to your registration. Please be sure to carefully spell your campers name clearly and identify the session they are attending so that we can apply these funds. You will receive an email confirming your sponsorship.
- If requesting more financial aid than 1/3 of the camp fee please submit the second page along with a short letter outlining the personal and financial circumstances necessitating additional financial aid. You will also need to attach a reference letter from a Pastor of your local church, or a person of accountability outside the family who can verify this request. These requests will be reviewed by a Scholarship Committee and make sponsorship awards on a case-by- case basis. We are unable to provide 100% sponsorships and ask that each family be prepared to contribute a minimum of the $50 camp deposit. These funds are very limited. The Scholarship Committee meets monthly to review requests of more than 1/3.
Holding a "spot” while applying for sponsorships:
When you register for summer camp, you will have the option to pay the entire fee, make monthly payments, or choose a flexible payment plan. If you are applying for a 1/3 sponsorship, you may register for a session to hold your spot using the flexible payment plan and pay the $50 deposit. Sponsorship dollars may be added anytime before final payment is due.